upholstered bench…

this was another of those projects that i was surprised at how easy it was… and how great it looks…

it started when i saw this bench on ana-white’s site:

i like the general look of the bench (but didn’t care much for the slipcover style of the fabric)… so… i set off to make a bench with this plan, but modifying the top a little…

i basically followed her plans exactly for the frame… but the foam at the fabric store was crazy expensive… so i got a 1.5″ foam mattress pad from target and stacked two pieces on top of each other to get the 3″ foam…

then i covered the bench with the fabric, again following her sewing instructions for this piece…. however, instead of just letting it be a slipcover, i hemmed the bottom and then connected it to the bench using nail head trim…

after attaching the nail heads all the way around, i really love the way this turned out…

 

i even submitted a “brag post” on ana’s site! and then!! AND! THEN! she, the woodworking queen herself, pinned my project on pinterest… *faints*

so here it is… the finished product…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*



*